Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Respect at WRI
One of WRI’s core values is Respect, which is defined as encouraging and welcoming differences of experience, culture, ideas, and opinions among our staff and our partners. We seek to ensure that all employees feel free to express themselves and that their unique perspectives and talents are heard and valued at WRI.
WRI is developing a long-term initiative on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
To learn more:
- Take a free implicit bias test (results are personal and confidential and will not be tracked or shared).
- Read the book Blindspot (contact Mary Maguire to reserve a copy at the WRI library in DC).
- Watch a TED talk by social psychologist Mahzarin R Banaji.
Professional learning using LinkedIn Learning
- Various topics including Confronting Bias and Communicating Across Cultures
- Use videos in a group setting with your team
- Short exercises that correspond with the video content to enrich learning
Professional Development @ eCornell
- Counteracting Unconscious Bias: 2 weeks
- Diversity and Inclusion at Work: 2 weeks
- Diversity and Cross-Cultural Teams: 2 weeks
- Fostering an Inclusive Climate: 2 weeks
- Leading Across Cultures: 2 weeks
*Log in using your WRI credentials.