Program Specific Skill Development
- WRI staff may request to attend a seminar/class with an external vendor to develop skills that address a specific programmatic need. The development opportunities should have a set curriculum and learning objectives. Participants will integrate what they learn for the training into their performance goals and objectives for the fiscal year.
- Directors and managers should work to identify professional development opportunities and share their requirements with the HR Department early in the planning process. This will allow HR to gain a comprehensive view of WRI’s development needs and plan accordingly.
External Professional Development Examples
Professional Development Request Guidelines
- Eligibility for external learning and development opportunities are available for employees who have successfully completed their initial introductory employment period (3 months)
- Ensure that your professional development interests align with WRI’s Professional Development Request Form Guidelines
- External professional development is paid for by each country office. Please contact your local HR representative for additional information.
Professional Development Forms